CHELTENHAM THE HOME OF REAL TENNIS IN SYDNEY
After 13 years in the wilderness, we finally have a confirmed location for Real Tennis in Sydney. Now we urgently need your help to build our new court at the beautiful Cheltenham Recreation Club.
Why are we so excited?
We’ve had a few false dawns, but this time it’s for real. This time we have:
1. A signed agreement to build and use a Real Tennis court at Cheltenham Recreation Club (CRC)
2. A 30 year renewable lease to use the land.
3. A base of 26 playing members, who have represented SRTC over the past four years in matches across Australia.
4. Many more real tennis players in Sydney have indicated they will join our club to play on the new
5. No outside competition for the allocated court space, which is solely dedicated to a real tennis court.
6. Significant support from the current members at CRC – with over 95% supporting our addition to their
Location – Just off the M2, Cheltenham is 15 minutes from the Harbour Bridge, and 35 minutes from Sydney Airport
Facilities – The club already has tennis courts, croquet and lawn bowls greens. There is also a 2 storey clubhouse containing a cafe, commercial restaurant and bar.
Current members – CRC already has 180 members across its tennis, croquet and bowls sections. We expect to substantially increase that number when we combine forces.
Vibrant Local Community – The suburb of Cheltenham, and its neighbours Beecroft, Epping, North Epping, and South Turramurra provide major opportunities for new membership.
Independent Schools – Cheltenham Ladies College, Abbotsleigh and Knox Schools are close by – offering opportunities for inter varsity
matches and to grow our youth membership.
How can you help?
Make a tax-deductible donation or make a pledge as a founding member
Our funding target to build the new court is approximately A$2m. Fundraising is being conducted by sponsorships, tax deductible donations, pledges, government grants and fundraising events.
We are calling on our membership base and other supporters for financial contributions, through tax-deductible donations and/or Foundation memberships. Donations made to the Australian Sports Foundation are eligible for a tax deduction in Australia. Alternatively, pledges or donations can be made into the SRTC escrow account, in which case they will be refundable in the unlikely event that the minimum fundraising target of A$1.25m is not reached.
For more information on how to make a tax-deductible donation or pledge please click on the link below to the SRTC Founders’ Club Brochure.
Come to one of our events
Join us at one of our social events or come on tour as a playing member.
If you would like to contact us for further information please click here